Thursday, March 18, 2010

Once upon a time . . ..

Once upon a time . . . 15 years ago . . . .

11am - I was racing to the church for my wedding, I was almost out of gas and praying that God would get me there. - Luckily I made it. (My car ran out of gas 4 blocks later at the gas pump)

12pm - One of my bridesmaids was grabbing lunch. A Sandwich Supreme from Pizza Hut was my last meal as a single gal. My first meal as a married lady was Steak from The Scotch & Sirloin.

1:30 - 30 minutes before I was to walk the aisle, I looked out of a small window and saw a PACKED church! If I wasn't nervous then, I was now. Then I remembered the ring! I had forgot his ring in my dressing room! My wonderful father ran and got the ring for me. Shew! Another disaster averted!

2pm- Finally time to take the walk down the aisle! My stomach was full of butterflies and my muscles were all coiled ready to spring - how I managed to walk and not run down the aisle I will never know.

When I reached the front of the church, my butterflies took flight and my muscles melted and I was not nervous at all.

15 years later I am reminded of all that day had to offer.
Happy Anniversary Steve.
Thanks for 15 years of marriage. The ups, downs, hills, valleys, rivers, streams, poison ivy, roses and every other imaginable cliche I can think of.

I love you!






Our wedding party:
Kristen, Jo Ellen, Nathan, Melanie, Mr & Mrs Steve & Brandi Rising, Todd, Chris, Bryce, Tauni
_____ ____ _____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____ ____

Had to come back and update my blog with this photo. Steve really surprised me with a wonderful cake! It was yummy! The kids were taking photos of us cutting the cake and feeding cake to each other. It was too funny. Of course the kids were making faces and bunny ears and all the stuff kids do so the romantic moment turned giggly very quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment