Well now that I have had a full night sleep (does 7 hours count?) I am now trying to muddle my way through the crazy schedule of indoor soccer league practices. All 3 girls are signed up for the recreation league indoor soccer. Each girl has a practice 2 nights a week and there are no practices on Friday evenings.
Yeah - you do the math - that is 6 practices in 4 days.
Luckily my wonderful husband has been able to take kids to or from (or both) practices on 2 of the days this week! (kudos to you honey!!) What a relief. Now to get through next week! Then games start. 3 games per Saturday for 6 weeks. What was I thinking when I signed these kids up?? OH yeah - they love the sport - exercise - getting out from in front of the tv/video games . . . etc. It's a good thing. Besides isn't this what parenting is all about? Who knows maybe one day many years from now I will see my daughter scream the words "HI MOM!!!" into the microphone being held in front of her after the winning USA vs whomever in an upcoming Olympics!! Then all the days of practices, scrapes, nursing the falls, and the tears after losing and the flat-butt syndrome from sitting through all those games will finally be worth it.
But for now I will take the big goofy grin that I get each time those girls score a goal and accomlish something on their own!!
YOU GO GIRLS!!
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Way to go Soccor Mom!
ReplyDeleteI know the girls, and Sam, appreciate you way more than you think. Keep up the good work!