Friday, December 26, 2008

Is it Christmas already??

Oh my goodness - time is really flying. Christmas day was upon me so quick I was not prepared as usual. Oh the presents were bought but the organization was not quite there this year - as with every year.
I was up till about midnight just getting things dug out, brought up, stuffed in stockings and wrapped. Whew! I was tired! I finally flopped about 12:10.
Merry Christmas.
Then Santa come by around 12:15 and I just missed him! But he left presents!

In a short 6 hours later - I was woke up by my husband (of all people!!) as he was waking up the kids! Sleep - I needed more sleep.

But needless to say I got up, dressed contacts in and camera found to record the day -err morning.

Santa was nice to me this year. He wrapped the kids' presents in a box and allowed mom the leisure of getting the camera ready!
What a whirlwind of unwrapping presents. We had so many. Not really. Just a few per child. But we had a blast!

Then the nearly impossible happened: the oh-so-wonderful kids put aside their presents to beg me to open their presents to me! It was so exciting to see all the lit up faces of the kids with (can you imagine) even more excitement in their faces anticipating my gifts that I could hardly hold all the joy in my heart! I was getting excited just as they were! And to see what they all got for me was so precious. Just a huge insight into the inner most workings of my kids. Tyler got me a snowman candle holder and a big fluffy stuffed reindeer!! He is so cute and I love to lay my head on his soft fur!

Emily got me an angel candle holder and a red taper candle. It is proudly displayed on my table - in the center.

Abigail got me slippers. yummy soft mold-to-my-feet slippers - heaven on earth. and a Third Day CD. Now we can rock out to the music in our slippers!

Samuel is looking out for mom - a chair back massager was in his package to me! I was so suprised!! Even though two nights before he was running back and forth from the kitchen where everyone was 'sshhhhhhhh'ing each other and telling me all about my new fun back chair he was wrapping for me! Poor guy - cannot keep a secret!

No comments:

Post a Comment