Monday, June 21, 2010

Oh crud- Munday.

It has been a Munday. Not a Monday but a Munday. I think I should have slept in and then watched movies.

The puppy was yapping at 6:00 this morning. While outside I took advantage of the cool air and thought I would trim the tees that were grabbing at me yesterday while I was on the mower. -you know the ones: rogue branches that show up 3' from the ground on fully grown trees. ANYWAY- I grab clippers and start to trimming. "Man these trees are looking good!" I think. Then I get adventerous and start taking out saplings that are growing up in the fence. - it is then that I realize I am in poison ivy. . . .crap. So off to the house I go and head straight to the sink and get the dawn dish soap and go to the bathroom- wash my hands and arms up to the elbows. and my feet and legs up to the knees. I give up on the tree triming. It is now about 8am. I proceed to the kitchen and turn off tv and get the kids motivated to get dressed, eat and then start the weekly chores. Tyler is still in bed. I go turn on her light and tell her to get up. I start going through the kitchen and picking up stuff and putting away dishes. put away the tree clippers ( I had brought them inside to wash the handles off with Dawn as well.) On my way back in the house I hear the kids fighting- normal- but today I had already reached my limit- and its only 8:30!! So I remind the kids to do chores. I go off and get the laundry off the line and fold it all. Then I hear Emily and Abby arguing. As I come down the hallway to referee once more, I hear BOOM-BOOM-BOOM BOOM-BOOM!!!! Abigails chore is to vacuum carpets. so she is hauling the vacuum up the stairs and she lost her grip and it fell down the stairs- with the water basin attached- which is FULL of nasty, stinky, dirty, blackened, mold-infested water. (thank you Tyler for leaving that water in there for 2 weeks!!) UGH!!!!!! So I look down the stairs and see the nasty water had left its evidence of being spilt all the way down the stairs. crap. again.
Ok- By this time I am mad at 2 people: 1-Tyler for not emptying the vacuum cleaners water basin 2 weeks ago and letting instead the water to rot. and 2- Abigail for not asking for help. again. In the midst of it all Emily is making her little comments - you know the ones, the "I am doing my job without help and you have no reason to get mad at me -except that I am making thse comments." at this point I have complete understaning of why in the animal kingdom the mothers eat their young. I hurry and grab the vacuum cleaner from the bottom of the stairs and get it outside. Abigail and I empty and clean up the mess on the vacuum then tackle the stairs. I called Kris to borrow the vacuum and in the midst of talking to her, I burst into tears. She ends up taking lunch and brings me the shampooer. Thank God for Kristen. I have since gotten Samuel to finish mopping the kitchen ( no easy feat either) and Emily got her chore done and Abigail is able to vacuum the living room. I am shampooing stairs. This stinks.

Welcome to my Munday. and all before noon.

No comments:

Post a Comment