Friday, August 14, 2009

My how time flies . . . . .

Once a year I take my kids to a portrait studio and have the kids' annual 'together' photo taken, and each year I am amazed at how different the kids look. They grow up so fast and I feel as if I never see it- until the day we take the new photos home and replace last years pics with this years. Then we all seem to 'ooh' and 'ahh' over how someone looks different: hair is longer, smile has more teeth, glasses were added, braces on teeth that last year were bare . . .

My how time flies.

What a statement. I know we hear that a lot but from time to time, but do you really stop to think of what that means? With the kids' various activities and the hustle and bustle of day to day activities, do we really see our kids changing? When you are in the midst of a growing family we seem to never change and it is when you make time stand still . . . . . as with a photograph or a video, it is then you realize how much your children change. Or how much you-yourself has changed. It is then when you comprehend the full meaning of the expression 'My how time flies'.

May you pause today and really see, experience and enjoy the today of time.

2007


2008


2009

1 comment:

  1. Those are some pretty sweet blessings...so true how we don't notice the "changes" while in the midst of life. I am asking God to strip me of the "unnecessaries" in order for me to see with His eyes daily!!!!

    ReplyDelete